Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Kadayawan 2014

At long last! I could finally able to face my laptop, review my photos, edit it a little, put watermarks on each, and the most awaited, to blog! Oh my gosh, I am the busiest person could be, I'm actually in the midst of my long trip in college (graduating!). To be honest, as much as I want to post an entry, I couldn't seem to find spare time on doing it. From the past months that I'm away with you guys (actually, just here but I feel like away-away), I've been thinking of "what am I gonna post", "where would I could possibly be", and such. I missed so much of blogging that I forgot how stuff works! LOL! Good thing, after almost 2 months, I am finally here, ready to share what is suppose to. If you happen to know, last August was the celebration of Kadayawan Festival 2014. To those people who doesn't know what "Kadayawan" means...

The Kadayawan Festival is an annual festival in the city of Davao in the Philippines. Its name derives from the friendly greeting "Madayaw", from the Dabawenyo word "dayaw", meaning good, valuable, superior or beautiful. The festival is a celebration of life, a thanksgiving for the gifts of nature, the wealth of culture, the bounties of harvest and serenity of living. 
If you happen to be one of my readers, I've posted some entries from last year's Kadayawan Festival. I even joined Hulagway sa Kadayawan, but this year, due to lack of time all because of school stuff and being in college, I wasn't able to submit my entry on time. It was really a big deal for me since I've been joining the photography contest since 2012 but I thought of "next year will be so much better". Right? :) To make the long story short, my friend (Dina) and I was out on a very sunny day on the 16th of August to do our thing. Be ready to read and see the photos to one of my longest blog post entry ever! 

P.S. If you want to grab one of the photos below, each photo has a watermark of my blog name. Please send me message/tweet or whatever to inform me that you will borrow my photo. Please don't claim it as yours and if, it's is called stealing. FYI, my email address is eishellecellona@yahoo.com and ecellona@gmail.com // Twitter: @eishellecellona . Thank you! I hope you understand, and do please enjoy the photos below.

When you're in Davao, people here are hospitable. We always smile because people believe that there is no reason to frown. (Cheesy!) Honestly, Davao offers a lot. Adventure, leisure, food, attractions, people, and everything you could ever imagine. Though, there are a lot of prohibitions in Davao. You just have to follow the rules if you're ever to wander here. Nevertheless, you will really really enjoy this city. 
#DavaoLifeIsHere
If you happen to be here during Kadayawan and experienced the colorful festival, then you know what it is. Have you seen their costumes?! It's amazing! The details and designs were gorgeous and it happens to be nice on the camera. Thank you, Canon! ;)
It was burning hot, and by hot I mean I feel like the sun is about to kiss me anytime of the day. But still, the contingents were all smiling, performing their best-est, and shouting at the top of their lungs. After we had photowalk and shoot, my face and neck was all sun burnt! Funny thing was, it formed like a fancy necklace. Lesson learned, always put sunscreen at all times. 
It's always nice to see and experience so much stuff especially when you're a festival-lover-kind-of-person. To be honest, including on my bucket list is to travel to different places here in the country and see amazing festivals. I find it really interesting! Oh how I wish I have a travel buddy *wink*

KADAYAWAN 2014 WINNERS

INDAK-INDAK SA KADALANAN:

Champion - City of Mati
1st Runner-up - Christian School of Polomolok
2nd Runner-up - Cabantian National High School
3rd Runner-up - Sta. Ana National High School Performing Arts
4th Runner-up - San Luiz National High School
(See more here)

Hope you had an amazing scroll to the photos above as much as I do! I've missed blogging so much, it hurts. Wish I have all the spare time in the world to just shoot, travel, and blog. Can't wait to share to you guys future events of my life, soon! I just want to grab this opportunity to thank everyone of you who still visits and reads my blog despite of me, unable to update this from time to time and I appreciate all your mails sent to me! Forgive me for the longest entry today, I know you missed me too! I claim it haha! Kisses! :*

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...