Friday, April 19, 2013

Day One: Cagayan de Oro City


Hello bloggers! It has been almost a week since I last updated my blog. Well, as promised I am going home with so much for you to look forward to! I am heartily so excited to share with you what has been up from the past 4 days of our Cagayan-Iligan-Bukidnon Tour! I am sure, you do too. I hope! 3 words: I HAD FUN. So let me start it right now. Last April 15, 2013 we had to prepare for our stuffs that we're gonna bring, we woke up as early as 3 or 4 am to make sure we will not be late for the trip! As early as 5am, we assembled and waited for the 2 buses in school. Luckily, we waited not too long. It's actually not my first time to travel there since I was born in Cagayan de Oro City! We were all patiently waiting for our first destination which is our Breakfast en-route in Traveler's Fast food. After 2 hours (estimated) we arrived there. Our lunch was served in Bukidnon, a local restaurant (which I forgot the name) couple of hours away. After which, we got excited because we're about 4 hours more travel to Cagayan de Oro City! Here's a suggestion, if you love nature I bet you will be amaze with the view of the mountains and green leafy trees! I assure that. You should travel by morning to see the thick fogs within the mountains and see it clearly! We can't stop along the highway to check out the view because we're on a scheduled tour. But it was amazeball! Nonetheless, I will not take this any longer, here are photos from our Day One in Cagayan! :-) Enjoy! 

I'm very thankful to nature. The view is beautiful! 
Breakfast en-route.
Touchdown, Cagayan de Oro City: Region X.
We arrived here at approximately 4pm.
Did you know that...
1.) I was born here (Maternity & Children's Hospital)
2.) It's the home of the first ever Xavier University (which is so nice)
3.) The capital of the province is Misamis Oriental in the north-southern PH.
4.) Cagayan de Oro City is known for the White Water Rafting or Kayaking
and 5.) They are highly urbanized.
Read their Wiki here.
You may also visit their Official Website
We were checked-in for 3 days and 2 nights in Marco Hotel. I couldn't ask for more! The accommodation, food and other services were the bomb. I love the place. I love everything about this place. Totally first class! :-) I want to go back here, maybe soon.
While we're waiting for some students to come over and assemble in the lobby, we had a mini photo sesh with our Instructors (from left: Ms. Jabla, Mr. Goad and Mr. Heramil) 
The one in the center is also one of the Instructors, Ms. A :)
You may check out their rates here.
We traveled on this bus. Sections F1, I1 and some of the Irregular students are in the bus 2. While the Bus 1 was catered with section B1 and irregular students.
Cagayan de Oro really is traffic by night. Rush hour usually because the road isn't that wide just intended for the small cars and such. Since it's traffic then, I got this opportunity to grab a photo on the replica of the Nazareno.
After 30 minutes of waiting, we arrived at Udang's. Great food! Must visit and try their buffet, my friends!
TADA!! I welcom you to Centrio Mall, Cagayan! It's part of the Ayala Malls in the Philippines. It's actually a new building and a mall with Seda hotel by side same as in Abreeza. It's quite big and cool interior! Supposedly, we are gonna visit Limketkai Mall but unfortunately, the closing time of the mall is 8PM and we're just minutes late by then so since Centrio is closer that Udang's, we just head there! Don't you just love the Acacia tree? 
Centrio Mall, Cagayan! Click here.
Cagayan tour will never be complete without visiting and buying pasalubong for my friends and family back in Davao from this Pastel house called Vjandep. It's pronounced as VANDEP, silent J. Do you wanna know why is it called Vjandep? Read this article! I bought 3 boxes of regular yema filling since they're out of stock of Durian flavor and 5 packs of peanut kisses. Actually, Vjandep Pastels are available in different parts of the Philippines but the essence isn't the same if you're gonna buy it there.
And everyone went wild (just kidding) upon entering the small store. Can you imagine that we're hundred plus there and everyone grabbed boxes and boxes of the yummy Pastel. I hope you'd tried it too because it's really really good! It's also very affordable. They have varieties of flavors too but I think the stocks are sold earlier since it's said that there were tourists came to the place before us. The store was jam packed you can't barely move.
Here's a big smile with Ms. A buying lots of it! :) 
After the exhausting tour, we all went back to our hotel, head to our assigned cabins, bathe and have some sleep. Prepare for another adventure for tomorrow! But before that, we went to the pool side and had another photo sesh with Sha and Len. 
First day of our tour was crazy fun. After all the tiring, long travel along the way to our destinations, we still managed to smile and never spoil our day! That's the spirit if being a Tourism student. I bet everyone enjoyed this day one as much as I do! Everyone went back to their cabins with big smiles, perhaps prepared for another early tour for the next day. Readers, this has been our first day in Cagayan. I can't wait to blog our day 2-4 on the upcoming days! There's sooooo much, I say. I still have to edit it, I mean some of it. Adjust the resolutions and put some watermarks. Anyway, if you wanna grab some of my photos please let me know! Leaving you with my first day tour blog post and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I do! Kisses! 


Love,

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...